My name is Jamie.
I was born in The Philippines and moved to the United States in elementary school.
I have a bachelor’s degree in history and psychology.
I am currently a grad student pursuing an M.A. in Human Services Counseling with a concentration in Student Affairs.
I currently work in higher education and love my career.
I am a mother of two wonderful little girls.
I have a fiancé who is my world.
When I’m not reading I love to play video games and smoke hookah.
I speak English and am semi-fluent in Tagalog and Spanish.
• Science Fiction
• Literary Fiction
• Historical Fiction
• The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
• Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
• Howl’s Moving Castle by by Diana Wynne Jones
• Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
• The Darkangel Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce
• Harry Potter by by J.K. Rowling
• The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
• Margaret Atwood
• Shirley Jackson
• Anne Rice
• George Orwell
• Stephen King
• Junji Ito
About the Blog
I love both ebooks and physical books for different reasons, though my most preferred format is hardcovers. In the case of ereaders I have a Kindle Oasis that I love and swear by and a Kindle Fire which I only use for graphic novels.