So this month has been a little more productive than the last in terms of reading. I’ve made some progress on the stack of library books that I checked out as well as finished a few ARCs from NetGalley! I have quite the backlog piled up for May now that I feel like I’m really getting back into the reading groove, so hopefully next month will be better than the last.
I also made a small Goodreads group since I’ve been doing some buddy reads recently with friends. If any of you lovely blogging friends wants a group to read with, then feel free to poke me and I’ll send a group invite.
In real life news, I’ve also completed my first month working at my new job and I absolutely love it! I was in a transition period this month as I was juggling three jobs and so I was working 7 days a week. Being able to read as much as I did honestly I impressed myself all things considered. I finished out the month at one of the jobs I had to let go so I can finally have a day off and focus my energy better as we start heading into the summer months.
This Month’s Posts
What I’ve Read
Around The Web
• 10 Heartbreaking Books That Will Ruin You—In the Best Possible Way (Epic Reads)
• 11 YA Books That Could Definitely Be “The Great American Novel” (Bustle)
• Amazon Has Filed Suit To Stop The Six-Figure ‘Book Stuffing’ Kindle Scam (Forbes)
• Here are the Literary Guggenheim Fellows of 2018 (Literary Hub)
• 5 Things I Want to See in Contemporary Books with POC Representation (Aimee, Always)
• [NewBloggers] A (Mostly?) Complete Goodreads Tutorial (Avalinah’s Books)
• Flipping Thoughts: Re-reading? 5 Reasons why it’s not for me (Flipping Through the Pages)
• Buying 5 Books That LOOK Like My Favourite Books (Books and Lala)
• Favorite Books Based on Mythology! (A Clockwork Reader)
• My Favorite Comfort Books (Brandon the Book Addict)
• Rudy Francisco – The Heart and The Fist (Button Poetry)