June has been a slow reading month for me. I was super hyped to read more than last month but then I found myself quite busy after meeting someone. 🙂 Between this, a non-fiction burnout, a mini promotion at work I’ve been beyond happy, but also busier than ever!
I had ordered another book box this month that got severely delayed, which means my unboxing post is getting pushed back as well. I’m pretty disappointed as it is a book box that I have given nothing but favorable reviews to in the past, and I decided to treat myself to a brand new one next month in July. Assuming my box for June gets shipped out I’ll have two unboxings for you all next month.
I went a little book buying crazy this month, I decided to try out BookOutlet to see what they had available and pick up books that were $4 or less. I picked up quite a few books for only around $16 and am so pleased with the amount and quality of the books I received! I will definitely continue to shop with them in the future!
This Month’s Posts
What I’ve Read
Around The Web
• Edmund White: Reading is a Passport to the World (Literary Hub)
• Fighting Erasure: Women SF Writers of the 1970s, Part VI (Tor)
• ‘Little House’ and the identity of the prairie struggle (High Country News)
• Mary Karr Reminds the World That David Foster Wallace Abused and Stalked Her, and Nobody Cared (Jezebel)
• Which Books do Famous Authors Read and Recommend Most (Literary Hub)
• You’re Probably Misreading ‘The Lottery’ (Daily Beast)
• 5 Important Reasons to Love the Bookish Community Ft. Exclamation Points!! (Aimee, Always)
• [HP Anniversary Week] Is Ron Weasley Actually… Just A Major Dick? (Avalinah’s Books)
• [MINI REVIEWS] Literary/Historical Fiction Edition #1 (The Blacksheep Reader)
• Privilege in Publishing, Blogging, & the Book Community (Vicky Who Reads)
• State of the ARC #11 + ARC BINGO!! (Avalinah’s Books)
• Tomorrow + Toothpaste: A Poem Collection (Janepedia)
• Reading a Book a Week is Changing My Life (John Fish)
• The Evolution of YA: Young Adult Fiction, Explained (It’s Lit! With Lindsay Ellis)
• The Hate U Give Official Trailer (20th Century Fox)
• To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Official Trailer (Netflix)
• Top 5 Best Books I Read This Spring (Books with Emily Fox)
• Reading the Worst Books on Goodreads! (Sara Without an H)
I’ve been really enjoying poetry this month which is an oddity for me, so quite a few of the links I have for you all are poetry related.