I’ve still been really struggling with starting books and having to put them down again, whether due to lack of energy, interest, or because I apparently have picked up a lot of books that have been excessively violent even for me. The slump has been real! It’s gotten a little better though, as I started reading a manga series with my significant other and he convinced me to start reading his favorite book as a teen, As Simple As Snow. I’m hoping to have that finished next month along with the new Stephen King novel I just started and have been thrilled to read, it’s the first book that has really drawn my attention in a while!
As for personal news quite a lot has happened to me this month! I was accepted into grad school and will be starting my master’s program at the end of next month. My car also broke down and I bought a new car which I am beyond excited about. Last but certainly not least… I got engaged this morning! I can’t believe it myself and I’m unbelievably happy. It’ll be quite some time until we actually tie the knot, as we both have a lot going on with school and work and are saving toward buying a home together. I can’t believe where life has taken me but I am so excited for what the future will bring.
Since I have been so busy with my personal life though I’ve had considerably less time to read and write reviews. I’m starting to read more books and manga again, but I might cut down on my posting schedule this month while I rest and take time to start writing more posts. It really depends on how much reading and writing I manage to do.
This Month’s Posts
What I’ve Read
Around The Web
• Data Reveals That Game Of Thrones And Alexander Hamilton Are The Books We Most Often Try To Read But Secretly Give Up On (Gizmodo)
• Out of my mind: Sarah Perry on writing under the influence of drugs (The Guardian)
• The 2018 National Book Awards Longlist: Fiction (The New Yorker)
• The FBI’s Spying on Writers Was Literary Criticism at Its Worst (The Daily Beast)
• Who Are the Forgotten Greats of Science Fiction? (Tor)
• Discussion: How to Rate Books?! (The Bookaholic Dreamer)
• Mini reviews #2! I’m Back And Ready To Read Again (Avalinah’s Books)
• The Netgalley Tag (Engrossed in a Good Book)
• Top Ten Unreliable Narrators That We Love (Elgee Writes)
• 20 Books I’ve Loved at 22 (Girl Reading)
• Manga, Graphic Novels, & Comic Book Recommendations (Brandon the Book Addict)
• So Many Books, So Little Time | Book Haul (A Clockwork Reader)
• Top 10 Autumn & Halloween Book Recommendations (Book Roast)